WHAT WE BELIEVE
Bedford Acres is a non-denominational, independent Christian Church. We are a part of the Restoration Movement that believes whole heartedly in the authority of God's inspired word, the Bible. It determines everything the church does. Here is a little bit more about what we believe:
1) There is one God made up of three different parts (the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit)
2) We believe that God created all things, both seen and unseen.
3) We believe that Jesus Christ is God's one and only Son.
4) Jesus was born in Nazareth, both fully human and fully deity, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary.
5) He was beaten and crucified on a criminal's cross by Pontius Pilate.
6) He died, was buried, and physically rose three days later.
7) He ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father.
8) He will one day return to earth to judge both the living and the dead.
9) We believe that the Holy Spirit is active and an operative part of the triune God.
10) We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian.
11) We believe that the Bible is God's Holy Word. God inspired the original writings of the Scripture and those writings were consequently without error.
12) We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practices.
13) We believe that the Bible teaches that man, created by God in His image, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
14) We believe that salvation (the forgiveness of sins) is only by grace given thru the blood of Jesus Christ.
15) We believe that the Bible teaches when someone receives God's grace by putting their faith in Jesus Christ; they are to repent of their sin, confess that Jesus is who He claimed to be, and be immersed in water (representing Christ's death and resurrection).
16) We believe in the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ. That it was founded on the day of Pentecost and that it consists of all Christians around the world.